Monday, May 04, 2009

George Galloway sues all sorts of jerks

The CBC is reporting that George Galloway, the British MP who was barred from entering Canada a month and a half ago is suing Canadian Immigration Minister Jason Kenney, Kenney's right hand man Alykhan Velshi, the Canadian Jewish Congress, two of the CJC's top dogs Bernie Farber and Sylvain Abitbol, and B'nai Brith Canada's CEO Frank Dimant.
"I welcome robust criticism, but the comments made about me crossed the line," Galloway, an outspoken supporter of the Palestinian cause, said in a statement Friday released by his Canadian lawyer."They are not only untrue, they are outrageous. As an elected member of the British Parliament, I am compelled to exercise my legal right to clear my name."
The only people missing from this list seems to be the Jewish Defense League. I'm curious to know why they dodged these suits. I would have loved to see the JDL's activities examined by a court.

No comments: