Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Email List


I'm inviting friends and family, who are interested in a more regular and varied (although not THAT varied) take on things here to ask me either through the comment section or through email, to join my mailing list. If you ask, you'll get the emails that are being written by two of my friends here - one Canadian, one American. You certainly don't have to read them... and I've already posted two of them as blog posts... but if you're interested just ask.

I'm not going to give my email because of a desire for some privacy. I'm awaiting the lengthy and difficult interrogation that comes at the airport with everyone leaving through Israel and if the Israeli government wanted to (which they certainly might) they could make my life extremely difficult when I try to leave. Right now I'm fairly secure in the heartland of the West Bank. But when I arrive at Ben Gurion Airport, the standard interrogation lasts at least an hour, and I'm trying to give them as little ammunition as possible. Israel's legendary Orwellian state capabilities concern me so much I'm trying to avoid using my name (at least my last name) and I'm giving my friends pen-names.

No comments: