Thursday, August 24, 2006

Playing Catch-Up

I've just arrived into my new apartment in Toronto (thanks Danielle!) after spending a day in Ottawa and a day in Montreal meeting my Advisor and trying to get some administrative things finished before my August 31st Masters thesis deadline. I'm back now in the sterile and cold library at U of T about to do some of the corrections of my rough draft but I have the conclusion of my trip hanging over my head. Over the past few days so many people have told me they've been reading and keeping up with what I've been doing over the last number of months and I'm so happy people have shown an interest - especially if it leads to a bit more awareness of what is actually happening there.

I've also received a number of... "is your blog finished"? The answer is no.... I have to (at least) post the number of entries I've already written (mostly by hand). I also want to post a few of my concluding observations about what the trip has meant for me as a human being and I think that may take a little while. So I'll add more to the blog over the next few weeks - some of it things I've done and written over the last two weeks as I've had limited internet access (including a response to a comment by my friend aka. The Mad Rapper about the possibility of a one-state solution). I want to post some of my favourite pictures from my trip that some of you have yet to see. Maybe I can also post some of the writings of my friends whose names I can now use a little more liberally - Adam, Luke and John - or Majnoon, Maloomat and al-Hawal.

Well, to start, you can read everything Luke has written over the past few months on a blog he and a friend of his have recently started to archive his writings....

http://www.luke-in-palestine.blogspot.com/

So I will play catch-up over the next week or so - especially when I actually finish this thesis and send it off. Stay tuned!

No comments: